POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : WinPOV makes a sound when interrupting rendering : Re: WinPOV makes a sound when interrupting rendering Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WinPOV makes a sound when interrupting rendering
From: Chris Cason
Date: 4 Apr 2004 07:31:39
Message: <406ff21b@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:406fe60c@news.povray.org...
>   Ah...
>   I wonder if it would be more intuitive if you could turn these on and
> off from POV-Ray itself.

Then folks would complain that they can't set the individual wav files
from within POV as well. If I implement anything at all it's probably
expected to do the whole kit and kaboodle.

I don't like the way Microsoft structured this but that's the way it is;
the selections of sounds vs events is meant to be managed by the user via
the control panel. It's a design 'feature' of windows. Applications are
meant to simply source the events and let Windows do the rest. The only
reason the 'beep' sound association can be turned on and off is because
it was already there before I started using the above scheme.

-- Chris